Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) according to Quran





Muhammad according to Quran/Koran
What Quran says about Muhammad?
  • Features of Muhammad
    • The Messenger
    • Bringer of good news and a warner
    • A guide
    • Not a guardian
    • A mercy
    • A human (not an angel, lord, king, etc.)
  • Duties of Muhammad
    • To worship and to be a muslim (submitter of will to God)
    • To bring good news, to warn, to call people towards God, a light-giving lamp
Features of Muhammad

The Messenger    Those are Allah’s Signs which We recite to you with truth. You are indeed one of the Messengers. (2:252)
Say: ‘Mankind! I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, of Him to Whom the kingdom of the heavens and earth belongs. There is no god but Him. He gives life and causes to die.’ So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Ummi, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him so that hopefully you will be guided. (7:158)
Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but the Messenger of Allah and the Final Seal of the Prophets. Allah has knowledge of all things. (33:
40)

Bringer of good news and a warner
We have sent you with the Truth (the Qur'an), bringing good news and giving warning. Do not ask about the inhabitants of the Blazing Fire. (2:119)
'Do not worship anyone but Allah! I am a warner and bringer of good news to you from Him.’ (11:2)
Say: ‘Mankind, I am only a clear warner to you.’ (22:49)

A guide
Those who disbelieve say, ‘If only a Sign could be sent down to him from his Lord!’ You are only a warner and to every people a guide. (13:7)

Not a guardian
Your Lord knows you best. If He wills, He will have mercy on you, and, if He wills, He will punish you. We did not send you to be their guardian. (17:54)
As for those who take others besides Him as protectors, Allah takes care of them. You
are not set over them as a guardian. (42:6)

A mercy 
We have only sent you as a mercy to all the worlds. (21:107)
A human (not an angel, lord, king, etc.)
Say: ‘I am only a human being like yourselves. It is revealed to me that your god is One God. So let him who hopes to meet his Lord act rightly and not associate anyone in the worship of his Lord.’ (18:110)
Say: ‘I am nothing new among the Messengers. I have no idea what will be done with me or you. I only follow what has been revealed to me. I am only a clear warner.’ (46:9)
Muhammad is only a Messenger and he has been preceded by other Messengers. If he were to die or be killed, would you turn on your heels? Those who turn on their heels do not harm Allah in any way. Allah will recompense the thankful. (3:144)
Say: "I do not say to you, at me (are) God's safes/storages (treasures), and I do not know the unseen/absent, and I do not say to you that I am (an) angel, that I follow except what (is) transmitted/revealed to me." Say: "Do the blind, and the seeing become equal/alike, so do you not think?". (6:50)
Say: "I do not own benefit and nor harm to myself, except what God willed/wanted, and if I were (to) know the unseen/absent, I would have increased from the good/wealth, and the bad/evil/harm would not (have) touched me, that I am except (a) warner/giver of notice and (an) announcer of good news to a nation believing." (7:188)
Duties of Muhammad
To worship and to be muslim
(Say:) ‘I have simply been ordered to worship the Lord of this land which He has declared sacred–everything belongs to Him–and I have been ordered to be one of the Muslims and to recite the Qur’an.’ Whoever is guided is only guided to his own good; if someone is misguided just say, ‘I am only a warner.’ (27:91-92)

To bring good news, to warn, to call people to God, a light-giving lamp
O Prophet! We have sent you as a witness, and a bringer of good news and a warner, and a caller to Allah by His permission and a light-giving lamp. Give good news to the believers that they will receive immense favour from Allah. (33:45-47)


No comments:

Post a Comment